Our client sought to merge its own OTC pharma division with a competitor. If successful this would form the world’s largest OTC joint venture pharma company by market share – particularly in the key markets of North America, China and Europe.
The joint venture was complex in size and nature, posing a large risk for both of the JV partners. It was essential to ensure that customer commitments were met when facing the following challenges:
- Delivering global deployment plans with consideration of supply chain routes, antitrust legislation and unique local legislation.
- Integrating the target division’s processes, people, trading and data into the client’s own division.
- Seeking agreement between the two parties on acceptable cutover processes and principles.
- Working with the necessary antitrust bodies to ensure compliance.
- Managing the collaborations with multiple organisations effectively – the client, the target organisation, regulatory bodies and other providers.
- Integrating the two parties against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic.