Job on offer
As a senior project manager, will be responsible for coordinating and managing larger projects with teams of over 20 people. You should have sound business understanding, communication and delivery skills, to ensure key projects are delivered effectively and efficiently. You will support stakeholder relationships along with due diligence, scoping and planning of business restructuring, transformation and project assurance engagements. You will be required to develop models with input from subject matter experts and ensure analysis and requirement inputs are captured for ongoing maintenance of knowledge management systems. You will adopt defined project management methods, tools sets and processes for delivering client engagement to ensure quality and compliance across programme deliverables.
- Supporting end-to-end delivery of large to medium-sized projects/sub projects, collaborating across the programme and client teams
- Supporting the integration of other work stream plans and managing dependencies and assumptions across the assigned project / sub project
- Ensuring that realistic project plans are maintained, reviewed and communicated both internally and externally
- Developing and managing cutover plans
- Taking full responsibility for driving the successful completion of projects/workstreams, including effective management of stakeholders and delivering high-profile impact, whilst effectively managing risks and dependencies
- Having full accountability for end to end delivery of defined projects, collaborating across the programme and client teams.
- Creating and owning the integration of work stream plans, managing dependencies and assumptions across the project.
- Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Providing effective matrixed management and coordination of the project team, and supporting and coaching team members including Project (business) Analysts, Associate Solution Consultants. Providing guidance as appropriate to client project team members.
- Participating in research to keep abreast of market trends, utilising available resources to update knowledge of any relevant field and curates a personal collection of relevant material.
- Writing white papers and Insights for publication on the company’s website, establishing recognition as a trusted advisor in areas of expertise.
The Scope of the Work within the Role will Include:
Responsibility for overall planning and delivery of projects on time and within budget\Managing client relationships and reporting (or anticipating) client escalations
Interacting with and influencing colleagues. Having working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. Demonstrating effective communication skills.
Understanding the purpose and benefits of business modelling
Performing a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments. Applying a methodical and approach to issue definition and resolution.
Playing a workstream / team lead role within the people management process
Providing mentoring and training to junior roles, as well as contributing to developing and implementing training incentives in their specialist area
Exercising personal responsibility and autonomy within a clear framework / area of responsibility
Holding accountability for setting deadlines and objectives individually and for the team
Responsibility for planning, designing and delivering workshops
Contributing to the business generation area of the business development process by identifying client opportunities and associated marketing (case studies and insights)
Showing confidence in presenting information to large groups of both technical and non-technical professionals.
Using industry experience to develop solutions \
Maintaining an awareness of developing practices and their application and taking responsibility for driving own development.
Selecting appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications.
What we are looking for
- 5-10 years industry experience in this role as per the job titles
- Experience of Managing Projects with team size of 10+
- Exposure to project management methodologies
- Experience of managing / delivering IT transformation, ERP or business restructuring projects / programmes including business change and adoption.
- Industry exposure in Life Science / Manufacturing (Preferred)
- Experience of developing or adapting Project Methodology and Delivery Frameworks.
- Experience in managing vendors / partnering with key suppliers / offshore teams and delivery models.
- Experience of managing, coaching and developing less experienced project mgrs. and solution consultants (Preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of business operations and processes across multiple value chains (Preferred)
- Project Management Certification (PMP, Prince 2, Agile)
- Proficient in relevant tools for Programme and Project Management (eg: MS Projects, Jira)
- Process improvement methodologies e Lean 6 Sigma (Preferred)
Key competencies required for this role include
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Externally focused with the ability to work across boundaries
- Flexible and adaptable to changing roles and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Proficiency in relevant tools for Programme and Project Management (eg: MS Projects, Jira)
- Skilled in Business Process Discovery methods and tools (different approaches, Workshops, Interviews, etc)
- Understanding and knowledge of business governance and compliance